The deadline for submission of video auditions for BRIGHT STAR is 6 PM on Sunday, June 12. This will give our directors a chance to review them prior to in-person auditions and callbacks the next day.
Here are the steps you should take to prepare and submit a video audition for BRIGHT STAR:
1. Download the AuditionPacket file below. This contains two pages of hopefully-helpful information about the auditions and the show, two forms to fill out, and two pages of monolog readings from the show.
2. Print the packet and fill out the audition form and the participation form. If you're under 18, your parent or guardian must sign the participation form.
3. Photograph the forms (e.g. using a cell phone camera). The quality of these photos is not important, as long as we can read them.
4. Record your audition song. Don't worry about the video quality or "production values" -- we're interested in casting you as an actor, not a video director!
5. Select one of the character monologs and record yourself performing it.
6. Create a folder in Google Drive or Dropbox, or some other file hosting service. Copy the form photos, the audition videos, and your CV and headshot into the folder. Get the service to create a link to the folder.
7. Ensure that the folder is visible to anybody who has the link. One easy way to do this is to put your browser into "incognito mode" and give it the link. If that works, we should be able to see it as well.
8. Email the link to email@example.com. Include your phone number in the email, so we can contact you if there are technical issues.
9. Someone from WMT will acknowledge receipt of your audition -- if you haven't heard from us,